The best way to find out if you could benefit from hearing aids is to get a comprehensive hearing test from a licensed audiologist. Your audiologist will discuss the results of the test with you and give you recommendations.
Your audiologist may tell you that your hearing loss is too mild for amplification, tell you that hearing aids would be of benefit or tell you that other assistive devices (for the telephone, the television, etc.) would be the best answer.
If we find a problem that requires medical treatment, you can be assured that we will refer you to a medical doctor for evaluation.
At Valley Audiology there is never any pressure to make a quick decision to buy a hearing aid because we don’t have offers or specials that will expire. We give the same reasonable prices to all of our patients. We offer a trial period with all hearing aids and we will work together to decide if the aids are meeting your needs and are the best solution for you.
If you are wondering whether it is time for a hearing test, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you need to turn the volume on the TV louder than your family or friends would like to have it?
- Do you often have to ask people to repeat especially when there is background noise?
- Do people sound like they are mumbling if they are not looking directly at you when they are speaking?
- Do you find yourself avoiding situations or activities you used to enjoy because you do not hear the conversation?
- Are you having trouble hearing the speaker at a place of worship or meeting room?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then it is time to have a hearing test. Call Valley Audiology at 925-676-8101 to make an appointment. Hearing tests are usually covered by insurance and we accept most major insurance plans.